compensation: Depends on experience employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Agiloft's mission is to provide flexible business process automation software solutions that help our clients scale and adapt quickly. Our suite of products includes Contract Management, ServiceDesk/ITIL, License Management, and general Workflow Management.
The Agiloft product suite won the PC Magazine "Editors Choice" award for Contract Management and is the highest rated on B2B review sites such as Capterra and Trust Radius.
The Technical Writer will join the Documentation Team responsible for writing the online help and user documentation for our flagship product. This entry-level position requires strong technical writing skills and the ability to think like both a developer and an end user.
As a member of the team, you will interface with developers, QA teams, and project managers to identify critical documentation needs and create engaging, accurate content. The technical writer's responsibilities range from editing UI text to writing reference docs to creating in-depth tutorials. Depending on the candidate's interests and qualifications, the job may include training program creation, product development specifications, and tutorial video work.
• Write well-tested, task-based end user documentation such as reference articles, getting started guides, and feature tutorials.
• Write and edit UI text and context-sensitive help within the software.
• Work with the engineering and QA teams to test and document new features.
• Provide UX feedback during the development cycle. Serve on Development Teams and write specifications for new features.
• Create internal resources about features or processes.
• Edit documents for accuracy and style and ensure all publication standards are met by following established procedures.
• Effectively manage your time across several projects and tasks.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• 4-year college degree, science, engineering, math, or writing degrees preferred. Or, significant work experience in software technical writing.
• Minimum 2 years of full time work experience.
• Outstanding attention to detail, especially regarding formatting and grammar.
• Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and/or wiki syntax.
• Must be able to write for a diverse user base with varying levels of technical experience.
• A logical, problem-solving mind.
• Excellent procedural analysis; ability to create concise, task-based user documentation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Intelligence, creativity, and the ability to rapidly learn a complex and wide-ranging program.
• 2+ years of technical writing or software development experience.
• Experience with business software, databases, and web-based applications.
• Experience with video software and production, e.g. Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, GoAnimate, Final Cut Pro.
We're profitable, debt-free, and growing like crazy. Our powerful, code-free business automation software is used by more than 2 million individuals at Fortune 500 companies, startups, and government entities in dozens of industries across the globe.
• Competitive salary
• Monthly commissions
• Referral bonuses
• Equity in a profitable and fast-growing cloud software company
• 401K plan - company matching
• Health /dental insurance
• Generous vacation
• Professional development and career growth opportunities
• Flexible schedule for commuters.
• Awesome team members.
• Weekly catered lunches and happy hours.
• Break rooms stocked with snacks and espresso machine