QR Code Link to This Post
We are a small team of writers and editors seeking high quality ghostwriters to produce content in a number of worlds and series. (You may have seen our other Craigslist adverts).
We have an immediate position available specifically for a sci-fi series set in a post-apocalyptic world.
You must be fluent in written US English, well-versed in writing action, and able to write both exciting scenes and deep, nuanced characters that draw the reader in. Our goal is to meet and exceed our clients' expectations, so flexibility in your writing style and attitude is essential to the process.
Being able to create an intense experience for a reader is weighted highly.
Some important things to note:
1. If your writing is full of 'walked', 'said', 'looked', or 'nodded' we're probably not a good fit
2. If you use repeated words and phrases within the same paragraph, we're not a match
3. We also don't like long narratives with lots of 'all-knowing' narrator explanation. We prefer to let the characters' actions and dialogue reveal what's going on in the characters' minds
You will be given detailed beats, scene by scene (especially for the first few novels) and often dialogue pieces we'd like included.
We're looking for higher standard of writing than often found in the indie market. Our readers are intelligent, deep thinkers. We provide the reveals, the twists and turns etc., but we do need folks who are able to take our character profiles and demonstrate who these people are through their actions and reactions in scenes.
Other essential skills:
• A positive, can-do attitude
• The emotional maturity to take feedback and follow instructions
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills (including staying in touch with us on email)
• We will pay you 3 cents a word. Each book in the series is about 60k words a piece, so that's about $1800 per book you complete, (contingent upon bonuses for on-time completion)
• We expect you to deliver 20k words per week. We need these deadlines strictly adhered to. If you can deliver them faster, that's excellent.
• Feedback with edits, comments, etc. will be given for adjustments to be made to the work. You need to be aware that this is part of what we're paying for. We will not compensate you for work we find unacceptable/unusable.
• English level: Fluent (US dialect)
• Writing level: Expert
• Familiarity with dystopian/ post-apocalyptic world writing
• Can follow a strict writing schedule
When responding, please include a short sample which best showcases your ability to write gritty action.
Typically the first thing we will do is quickly look over your sample to determine if we'd like to proceed, so please be sure to attach something relevant to the position. While we appreciate that your skills may be transferable to writing in this genre, we simply don't have time for coaching or ramp-up. We need writers who can dive right in with minimal assistance, so please exclude yourself if you do not have any experience with writing novels in this genre.
When submitting your proposal, please introduce yourself, and answer the following questions:
1. Are you fluent in both written and spoken US English?
2. What is your ghostwriting experience?
3. Do you have experience writing science fiction and action? Please elaborate.
4. Are you capable of consistently delivering at least 20k words per week? Our publication dates are very important to us.
5. Have you ever written a novel before?
Due to the volume of response, please title your email 'Talented Writer Interested in Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Series' or your email will be disregarded.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.