A Landscape Construction Foreman oversees daily operations at a worksite to ensure the completion of projects professionally, safely, and efficiently.
Foreman Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate professionally to customers, supervisor, and team
- Delegating individual responsibilities and projects to crew
- Recruiting, training, managing, and mentoring employees and contractors
- Regularly reporting project status to supervisors
- Manage the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements, and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of the job(s) within deadlines
- Manage safety, quality, and work productivity at sites and shop/yard
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day-to-day work activities of a landscape construction crew
- Delegate job tasks to crew members to assist in the completion of landscape construction
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
- Operate various tools and equipment, including heavy equipment, chainsaws, circular saws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in constructing walkways, patios, stonework, landscaping, hardscaping, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting daily inspections, lubricating, and cleaning daily.
- Read specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas
- Be able to lift 50 pounds or more
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.