compensation: $12 to $17 per hr employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking a highly motivated and reliable driver/ equipment technician to deliver, assemble, repair and pick up medical equipment such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, oxygen and other related medical equipment. This individual will share our desire to go above and beyond to ensure that every experience with our company is a positive one.
This person will conduct business in our customer's homes and as such must understand the role of a guest and have the ability to act accordingly. The responsibilities of this role with require the highest level of integrity and trustworthiness.
Job Responsibilities Include but not Limited to:
• Adequately stock delivery vehicle to fulfill daily orders.
• Assess most efficient route to complete daily deliveries/pickups in the shortest time.
• Educate clients and their family members on proper use of equipment.
• Demonstrate timeliness, courtesy, sincerity & patience with clients.
• Maintain a neat, clean & professional personal appearance.
• Perform daily preventive maintenance on company vehicle.
• Monitor & maintain equipment stock levels for warehouse.
• Ensure highest standards of cleanliness for warehouse & delivery vehicle.
• Assist in cleaning & performing repairs on equipment & warehouse.
• Assume weekend shifts and evening "on-call" on a rotating basis.
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required
• A current state issued driver's license is required
• A confirmed driving motor vehicle record (MVR) successfully demonstrating no major violations in the past five consecutive years, no more than three minor violations or at-fault accidents in the past 36 consecutive months and no more than one preventable accident in the past 36 months
• At least six months experience in a role that entailed regular interface with customers
• Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have worked with durable medical equipment is preferred
• One year previous delivery or warehouse experience preferred
• Experience as a DME technician a plus
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• The ability to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate unplanned events and participate in an on-call rotation is essential
• The ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions is required to ensure accurate completion of DME deliveries, exchanges and pick-ups
• The ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient protected health information and follow standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with HIPAA is required
• The ability to follow a city map and navigate a new daily route is required
• Good organization and prioritization skills are required to plan and stage equipment as described
• A safety orientation is required to perform work (e.g., driving, delivery, set up, loading and stocking of durable medical equipment as described) and follow safety operating procedures
• Spanish speaking skills are desirable but not required
• Working knowledge and experience with mobile phone equipment is required to relay information to customer service and perform on-call coverage
Physical Requirements and Demands:
• This role entails prolonged sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling and climbing in and out of the truck
• On a regular basis, the ability to lift, carry and move durable medical equipment that weighs up to 75lbs. for a moderate period of time (25% - 50% of the day)
• Regular and continuous eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to set up durable medical equipment
• Frequent bending, twisting, grasping and squeezing and occasional kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above the shoulder is required to transport and set up medical equipment as described
• Ability to utilize basic tools e.g., wrench, screwdrivers etc. to set up durable medical equipment
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers