compensation: Compensation would be discussed at the interview employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a medical provider. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties will include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, operating an X-ray machine, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Location: Bellville TX
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
-Operate X-ray and X-ray related computer system, electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a provider.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the provider.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help providers examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, or completing insurance forms.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment.
- Properly document all logbooks in accordance with established policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Licensure: Certified Medical Assistant license and Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist Certificate (LMRT) or its equivalent
Experience: 1-2 years Urgent Care related experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office. Experience with Practice Velocity is a plus
Pertinent Soft Skills:
Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their resume to the contact email address
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers