compensation: Standard hourly rate with tipped compensation employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Truck Yard Job Description: Bartender
With over 15,000 square feet of heavily shaded outdoor space, food trucks on rotation, a kitchen slinging the best cheesesteaks in town, signature draft cocktails, and even a bar located where you would least expect it (think tree house, ferris wheel, etc), there’s no place else quite like Truck Yard. And there’s no job quite a Bartender at Truck Yard. We’re looking for restaurant professionals that can handle a fast-paced, high volume service environment while making every customer feel relaxed and welcome. If that sounds like you, see the job requirements below and apply online at: https://www.hralliance.net/Apply/?bssapplicants
Bartenders are a critical part of the team at Truck Yard. Bartenders will rotate through assignments in the main bar, or any additional bar assigned to them. Bartenders make all customers feel special through friendliness, outgoing/unique personalities, product knowledge, and speed of service. Bartenders work closely with the Cocktail Servers and Support Staff to ensure that each of our guests have a great Truck Yard experience.
The entire team at Truck Yard is responsible for contributing to these company goals, regardless of position:
• Great Food & Drinks
• Great Service
• Friendly Staff (to the customer and to each other)
• Clean & Well Maintained Buildings
Essential Job Functions:
• Sell the Truck Yard story, including the founding story and key information about our food and beverage partners.
• Be responsible for stocking up, readiness, and speed of service as these all have a big impact on sales.
• Know the drink menu, what’s on tap, specialty draft and frozen cocktails, wine, and beer selections. Be knowledge of any drink specials that Truck Yard may be offering. Be prepared to offer drink suggestions.
• Know well liquor as well as call liquor options. This knowledge will enable each Bartender to upsell drinks, and provide the perfect type of drink for each guest.
• Prepare off-menu cocktails according to Truck Yard recipes, where applicable, to ensure consistency & quality.
• Know your “personal favorite” cocktail and if it is off-menu, ensure the recipe is approved in advance by management.
• Meet & greet guests as they come into your bar area. For first time customers, explain to them how the Trucks and food service work, and remind them about our great Philly steaks. Let each guest know that we play live music and how to access the music calendar.
• Follow standard pour guidelines (1.5 oz) utilize pour testers to practice and maintain free pour skills. Must be able to pass a pour test prior to working any shift.
• Team up with the support staff each day to maintain a clean and well-stocked bar area. Bartenders are required to follow the posted daily cleaning schedule each shift.
• Ensure your bar area is closed down properly.
• Manage your cash and drawer to ensure you have balanced cash outs each shift.
• All customers should be charged accurately for drinks ordered; comps, when necessary, must be approved by the manager on duty.
• Bartenders tip out 3% of their sales to their respective support staff each day.
• Cope with high-volume demands & provide accurate & efficient service
Reports to: Manager on duty
• 2+ years experience as a bartender in a high volume environment
• You must be 21 years or older
• Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks & basic craft beer knowledge
• Excellent cash handling and cash out skills
• Strong ability to multi task
• Great customer service skills
• Positive attitude and excellent communication/listening skills with customers and team
• Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
• Knowledge of a second language will be considered a plus
• TABC Certification
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
Other things to know about this job
• Truck Yard does not permit any employee to consume alcohol at any Brain Storm Shelter Restaurant location, whether on- or off-duty.
• All employees are required to follow all local and state laws regarding the sale & service of alcohol.
• Employees are expected to wash their hands frequently during shifts and after all breaks.
• Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Position requires working a full shift on your feet.
• Position requires working out doors in all weather conditions
• All employees must practice good personal hygiene to prevent food borne illnesses & create a clean working environment
• Position may require work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operation of phones, computers and other office equipment.
• It’s a great job with a great company.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers