Sugar Land address: 2248 Texas Drive, Sugar Land, Tx 77479
Must have experience and passion for making craft cocktails. You must have an extensive knowledge of the food and drinks we serve. Our customers may have questions about the ingredients in a particular dish or cocktail, or make special requests for a specific brand of spirits; you must know the ingredients for all dishes & drinks, along with any specialty cocktails that are unique to the establishment.
You will be responsible for a variety of customer service tasks, including:
Taking food & drink orders
Providing excellent customer service
Greeting patrons once they are seated
Explaining menu items to customers
Answering questions from patrons about food and beverages
Sharing information with customers about the status of their orders
Refilling customer drink orders throughout the meal
Finding out if customers need additional items
Verifying that customers are satisfied with their orders
Up-selling additional food and beverage products to patrons
Removing empty plates, used silverware, and soiled napkins from tables
Determining when customers have completed the meal
Attending scheduled team or shift meetings
Following all relevant health department rules and regulations
One year experience in a full-service restaurant/bar preferred.
Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive.
Must be able to assist guests and possess great guest relations skills.
Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Basic math skills.
Ability to work effectively within a team.
Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. as needed.
Continuous use of hands and arms.
Ensures all guests are provided with prompt and friendly service
We are seeking an energetic bartender/server who is familiar with the latest trends of beverages and have the ability to create signature cocktails. He/ she must consistently make great craft cocktails to foster a unique guest experience with the ultimate goal of improving both company profits and overall pride in product and service.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Knowledge of restaurant operations including food, beverage, service techniques, and guest interaction.
• Familiar with the latest trends of beverages and have the ability to create signature cocktails.
• Be familiar with the guests on the reservation's list, especially guests regarded as (VIP) and our regular guests' requests/preferences.
• Welcome the guests and seat them with care if needed (assisting with tables and chairs, etc.).
• Provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
• Recognize guests and remember the names of the regulars. Be in constant communication with managers and reception about the satisfaction of our guests.
• Pass all messages or requests of guests to management as soon as they are received.
• Communicate with the whole bar team to ensure the business runs smoothly and the guests receive our best attention.
• Aim to give the best possible service, in the least obtrusive manner.
• Adhere to all responsible alcohol consumption requirements as directed by the state. Follow up with diners at critical points during the meal. Assume ultimate responsibility of guest satisfaction while dining.
• Inform management if any actions on the part of either a customer or a member of staff, in anyway may jeopardize the restaurant's liquor license.
• Maintain the safety and security of the restaurant/bar premises as a priority and take responsibility for the security of the restaurant/bar premises and property.
• Provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
• Recognize guests and remember the names of the regulars and be in constant communication with managers and reception about the satisfaction of our guests.
• Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set up, room capacity, hours of operations, menus, price range and dress code.
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods and in a high-volume environment.
• Must have physical ability to access all areas of the facility, withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending, kneeling, lifting and carrying items, work indoors, being exposed to hot/cold surfaces, steam, wet floors and sharp knives is required and withstand environmental factors include noise, dust, cigarette smoke (if applicable) etc.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good working knowledge of all restaurant functions.
• Working knowledge of table-side service (if applicable) and extensive knowledge of wine and wine service techniques.
• Experience in large and heavy tray handling.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all menus items including: engineering of the menu, to the ingredients, cooking methods and the adaptability of each item on the menu.
• Attend the training sessions and read training notes to improve your knowledge.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all policies/service procedures/standards.
• Be familiar with all International Market Place services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Responsible for ensuring that company standards of service for beverage and wine are being followed and that the standard drink recipes, including proper garnishes, are adhered to.
• Responsible for assisting in achieving the guest satisfaction targets established in bar service and product quality.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude management from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
At least 1 year server/beginning level bartender experience in a bar.
• Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Experience in working on a POS System.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
Must be able to understand and communicate in English.
Additional language ability preferred.
Meet minimum age requirements of jurisdiction (21 and over).
Must have basic knowledge of dining room procedures or functions.
Minimum High School Diploma.
Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays. Work when needed to make sure service is never compromised due to any issues.
PLEASE ALSO EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO SCHEDULE INTERVIEW.
We are an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
Apply via email for appointments
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers