DME/HME EXPERIENCE A PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED
QR Code Link to This Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Intake Coordinator interacts with hospitals, physician offices, CMS and private insurance companies, as well as company personnel to facilitate the smooth flow and documentation of information during the intake of new DME patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Verification of current benefits coverage with third party payers
2. Obtaining coverage authorizations as applicable
3. Maintenance and updating of insurance benefits coverage, ordering physician, diagnosis, and other pertinent information for current patients on an ongoing basis.
4. Answering telephones, interacting with the patients and receiving orders from referral sources also tracking new referrals.
5. Complete all patient information.
6. Comply with company policies and assist with quality improvement data and quality program to meet Company and accreditation standards.
7. Acquire working knowledge of DME products and services offered by the Company and applicable insurance coverage criteria for reimbursement.
8. Monitor and record patient, physician and referral source communications.
9. Acquire CMN's from the physicians when necessary.
10. Prepare all paperwork for billing process.
11. Interact with walk-in customers.
12. Comply with all Medicare Policies and Procedures.
13. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. High school graduate
2. Ability to file, perform accounting functions, maintain records, understanding of reimbursement requirements, good typing and telephone skills.
3. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
4. Medical billing and intake experience preferred.
Compensation depends on past experience
Contact Andrew @ 281-969-8800 if you have prior DME Experience to setup an interview. Also, please send resume.