QR Code Link to This Post
Our expanding small business needs a full-time bookkeeper for QuickBooks duties, including invoicing, A/P, A/R, and expense tracking. Flexible hours, benefits, and positive work environment in a small office. Very competitive compensation. We are looking for a QuickBooks expert who has a CPA-level understanding of accounting, but not necessarily a CPA.
Candidate should have extensive experience with QuickBooks and Excel and have the ability to process payroll, perform bank reconciliations, and compile financial reports. This person plays a key role in taking initiative to identify, develop, and implement improvements in our accounting and overall office operations.
• Generate/Submit Invoicing
• Record Deposits
• Manage Accounts Receivable
• Manage Accounts Payable
• Prepare and Submit Weekly Payroll
• Perform Monthly Reconciliation of Accounts
• Generate Financial Reports as needed
• Maintain chart of accounts and customer:jobs lists
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Communicate with suppliers/vendors on invoice and payment issues
• Track and generate reports on job profitability
• Maintain calendar of expiration dates of subcontractor insurance and contract documents
• Monitor our insurance and certain contract deliverables
• Monitor cash reserves and credit lines
• Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank account and credit card accounts
• Provide information to the external tax accountant
• Submit quarterly payroll information to worker's compensation insurance provider
• Ensure any manual checks written to subcontractors are recorded in the ADP payroll system
• Monitor variances from standardized job profitability and report significant issues to management
You will not be required to answer the main office phone or route calls. You will have your own enclosed office space in a newly remodeled building. Whenever possible, we outsource repetitive, time-consuming tasks to an overseas "virtual assistant."
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in bookkeeping, advanced organizational skills, a positive attitude, and advanced QuickBooks reporting knowledge. The ability to solve problems and work independently is key to this position. We need an energetic person who will take full control of these responsibilities and work to continually improve our accounting operations and organization. We are looking for an *all-star* person who will stay with us long term. Our company has been in business for 10 years, and our management team has 30 years' concurrent experience operating companies in the industry. We are well funded and fully established, and this is a long term position.
Our company builds communication infrastructure, primarily fiber optic networks.